Academic User – Agreement
All terms below are part of the general Academic User Agreement. Academic use of the QLQ-C30 and associated measures require no charge, but an Academic User Agreement is mandatory for each study.
By completing the download process (link), the EORTC Quality of Life Group grants permission to USER to employ EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures in the academic quality of life study/research mentioned during the process.
Use of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures in the mentioned investigation is subject to the following conditions:
1. USER confirms that the study/research is being conducted without direct or indirect sponsorship or support, financial or not, from pharmaceutical, medical appliance or related, for-profit company or similar. Further to this, no future for-profit use, direct or indirect, on the data generated is allowed under this agreement.
2. USER will grant the EORTC Quality of Life Group limited access to the trial database. Access will be limited to the following: (a) the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures data; and (b) additional data will be made available to the EORTC at the sole discretion of USER as deemed appropriate for the purpose of validation of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures.
3. USER will not modify, abridge, condense, translate, adapt or transform the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures or the basic scoring algorithms in any manner or form, including but not limited to any minor or significant change in wording or organization of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures.
4. USER will not reproduce the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures or the basic scoring algorithms except for the limited purpose of generating sufficient copies for its own use and shall in no event distribute copies of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures to third parties by sale, rental, lease, lending, or any other means.
5. Reproduction of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures as part of any publication is strictly prohibited. The EORTC QLQ-C30, manuals and associated measures are copyright of the EORTC.
6. USER shall in no event distribute or share data generated with the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated EORTC measures with the intent of making a profit or having a third party profit from the data. Distribution or sale of data from the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated EORTC measures will be subject to a separate agreement (if so, please contact email@example.com).
7. Analysis and reporting of EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures data by USER will follow the written guidelines for scoring of the EORTC QLQ-C30 as provided by the EORTC Group on Quality of Life in the Scoring Manual.
8. EORTC grants permission to USER to migrate the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures into an electronic device for the purpose of the investigation. The migration and administration of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures electronically is the responsibility of USER, and EORTC cannot be held responsible for the quality control of the electronic versions or of its measures.
9. This agreement holds for the mentioned registered study/research only. Use of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures in any additional studies by USER will require a separate agreement by entering a new download request.