Commercial user – License
Why do I need to pay a license fee?
The QLQ-C30 and its associated modules are copyrighted instruments, with all rights reserved. Written, prior consent of the EORTC Quality of Life Group is required for their use. In order to use the QLQ-C30 and modules we would ask you to sign a User Agreement, without which we cannot grant permission to use our measures. Such usage means that a compensation fee is payable to EORTC, which serves as a contribution to current research being carried out by EORTC and the QLG.
What will the fee be used for?
The funds that are generated from the fees will be used exclusively to support the ongoing charitable non-profit research of the EORTC Quality of Life Group, including the development and refinement of quality of life measures.
What is included in this fee?
- The QLQ-C30 questionnaire
- Any specific module(s) required in your trial
- The C30 scoring manual and scoring for the requested specific module(s), if any
- All languages that we have available in our library
Translation certificates can be provided on request.
What information do you need to set up a User Agreement for my study?
The following information is required:
- Protocol Number
- Title of your study
- The number of patients
- The name and title of the authorized representative who would sign
- Full company name and address as required on the User Agreement
- Full company address for the Invoice to be sent
- Dept. and/or Contact name for the Invoice
- Email for invoices
- VAT Number (Europe only-VAT charged only in Belgium but it is a legal requirement for this information if applicable)
- EPRO – will the study wish to migrate the questionnaires to an electronic use device? (We ask this so that we can insert the necessary permission clause into the agreement if necessary): Yes/No
- Module(s) required, if any
- Language(s) required
- Purchase Order Number, if required by your company
- Name, address & telephone of person to receive hard copies by DHL for wet ink signature if required (EORTC requires either a wet ink original for filing or signature via DocuSign)
For pricing and more information please contact us by mentioning it is related to a commercial request
General terms and conditions
All terms below are part of the general Commercial User Agreement. These terms can be negotiated in good faith by both parties during the set-up of the agreement.
Both parties can perform legal review of the user agreement before execution. Execution will only be effective after approval of both parties.
1. The fee is applicable per study/trial. The current financial support requested is as follows per the number of patients in the study (regardless of the number of times the questionnaire will be administered throughout the study)
2. COMPANY shall respect the maximum number of patients that can be enroll-up under the fees of the Agreement. In case of exceeding the maximum contracted, it must assume the proportional added cost, as well as an additional 10% in order to compensate administrative expenses
3. EORTC may request access to the EORTC QLQ-C30 AND ASSOCIATED MODULES data collected in the framework of the Study for further psychometric validation of the EORTC QLQ-C30 AND ASSOCIATED MODULES. The access shall be negotiated in good faith between the Parties. Additional data may be made available to the EORTC at the sole discretion of COMPANY as deemed appropriate for the purpose of validation of the EORTC QLQ-C30 AND ASSOCIATED MODULES. There is no obligation for COMPANY to agree to The request.
4. COMPANY shall not modify, abridge, condense, translate, adapt or transform the EORTC QLQ-C30 AND ASSOCIATED MODULES or the basic scoring algorithms in any manner or form, including but not limited to any minor or significant change in wording or organization of the EORTC QLQ-C30 AND ASSOCIATED MODULES.
5. COMPANY shall not reproduce the EORTC QLQ-C30 AND ASSOCIATED MODULES or the basic scoring algorithms except for the limited purpose of generating sufficient copies for its own use in the Study and shall in no event distribute copies of the EORTC QLQ-C30 AND ASSOCIATED MODULES to third parties by sale, rental, lease, lending, or any other means. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Agreement, EORTC acknowledges and agrees that COMPANY or its Affiliates may have to, and have the right to, distribute the EORTC QLQ-C30 AND ASSOCIATED MODULES to its/their contractors, including Study sites and Study subjects, and/or regulatory authorities for the purpose of the Study.
6. Reproduction of the EORTC QLQ-C30 AND ASSOCIATED MODULES as part of any publication is strictly prohibited. The EORTC QLQ-C30 AND ASSOCIATED MODULES, manuals and modules are copyright of the EORTC.
7. Analysis and reporting of EORTC QLQ-C30 AND ASSOCIATED MODULES data by COMPANY will follow the written guidelines for scoring of the EORTC QLQ-C30 AND ASSOCIATED MODULES as provided by the EORTC. EORTC accepts no responsibility or liability for any use or any particular result that the COMPANY may make of the data or results, nor for advice or information given in connection with them, nor for the success of the Study.
8. Additional new translations required by COMPANY that EORTC do not have currently available at the time of The Agreement will be administered and supplied only by EORTC, at COMPANY’s expense. An appendix translation agreement to The user agreement will be required from EORTC and supplied by the EORTC Translation Department. The Translation Department will provide procedure and cost upon request.
9. The EORTC will withdraw their permission for COMPANY to use the EORTC QLQ-C30 AND ASSOCIATED MODULES if any of the above terms and conditions is breached and COMPANY fails to cure the applicable breach within 10 days after receipt of notice of such breach from EORTC.
10. Any and all information provided by one party to the other under The Agreement is each party’s Confidential Information. The receiving party shall use disclosing party’s Confidential Information solely for purposes directly related to The Agreement, and shall not disclose Confidential Information to any person other than its employees who have a direct need to know same for the performance of their employment duties in connection with The Agreement. Confidential obligations under The Agreement shall expire on the fifth (5th) anniversary of the Effective Date.
11. EORTC represents and warrants that it has all rights, title and interests, including without limitation all intellectual property rights, in and to the questionnaire and has full lawful authority to grant the license granted hereunder.
12. The Agreement may only be amended in writing signed by both Parties. The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the Parties with regard to its subject matter, and supersedes all previous written or oral representations, agreements and understandings between COMPANY and EORTC